1. Our data insights report looks at the data from over 10,000 financial organizations to analyze how they are capturing communications channels to meet regulatory requirements
2. Some findings were to be expected, with almost all firms capturing communications data from email
3. More surprisingly, 33% of firms are capturing LinkedIn communications data – with 63% capturing employee data, 11% capturing company page data, and 26% capturing both
4. The SEC and FCA have set out clear expectations that firms should be capturing social media channels for both recordkeeping requirements and to meet obligations of regulations like the Marketing Rule
5. This raises the question – could LinkedIn be the channel at the center of the next communications compliance crisis?
This Regulatory Wrap is brought to you by Global Relay’s Head of Content, Jennifer Clarke.