1. The DOJ has expanded its expectations around communications compliance and recordkeeping to include all corporates, not just financial firms
2. This focus is part of a wider shift towards prioritizing digital channels when it comes to compliant communications and recordkeeping
3. Meanwhile, the Covid-19 inquiry in the U.K. is centering around the use of WhatsApp by key government figures
4. Reviewing evidence has been made more challenging by MPs using WhatsApp without taking adequate steps to keep consistent records
5. With many MPs now using disappearing messages to communicate, will we see increased requirements around government recordkeeping – and will they follow them?
This Regulatory Wrap is brought to you by Global Relay’s Head of Content, Jennifer Clarke.