1. The SEC has taken a more traditional approach in its 2024 Priorities, highlighting topics like investment advisors, fiduciary duties, and liquidity as opposed to emerging risks that have been the subject of recent enforcements
2. Additionally, the regulator plans to spotlight certain trending topics, such as confirming adherence with the Marketing Rule, operational resilience, and Reg BI
3. Despite two years of consistent off-channel comms scrutiny and recordkeeping failures that account for nearly $3 billion in fines, there is interestingly no mention of these topics
4. Innovative, prevalent topics like AI are briefly mentioned, but are not covered in depth
5. While ESG has appeared in Examination Priorities for the past three years, it has been completely dropped for 2024
This Regulatory Wrap is brought to you by Global Relay’s Head of Content, Jennie Clarke.