1. FINRA proposed to extend remote inspection timelines for OSJ branch offices until June 2024 as part of Rule 3110c amendments
2. FINRA is also working alongside the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state securities regulators to make the Remote Inspections Pilot Program Proposal permanent
3. If Rule 3110c is permanently altered, broker-dealers (BD) will no longer have to participate in on-site visits
4. This amendment is highly anticipated by BDs, who will save resources and time if on-site OSJ inspections are ceased
5. Either way, BDs now have more time to prepare for a return to on-site visits and should expect to hear more about the pilot’s success in 2024
This Regulatory Wrap is brought to you by Global Relay’s Head of Content, Jennie Clarke.