Solutions for FINRA Broker-Dealers
SEC Rules 17a-3 and 17a-4, combined with FINRA Rules 3110 and 4511, require Broker-Dealers to implement a compliance archiving and monitoring solution to retain and supervise electronic communications. These requirements extend to all written business-related communications, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, mobile messaging, and social media.
Global Relay Solution
Global Relay Archive provides a total recordkeeping, supervision, and audit solution for Broker-Dealers subject to the compliance requirements of the SEC, FINRA, and various exchanges.
Global Relay Archive is an information governance solution for electronic communications. It captures and archives an authentic and complete record of your electronic business communications in a secure but easily accessible cloud repository.
- Automatically capture communications data, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, mobile messaging, social media, and more.
- Preserve and index original metadata for each data type.
- Retain data for the required 3-to-6 year term (or as defined by your internal policies).
- Store tamperproof copies of each archived communication.
- Replicate data between two mirrored, SOC-audited data centers in near real time.
- Full-text index and serialize each archived communication.
- Search for and retrieve any archived communication in seconds.
- Log all actions on each archived communication in unalterable audit trails.
- Migrate your legacy data with a clean and defensible chain of custody.
- Extend retention terms for Legal Holds and regulatory investigations.
- Appoint Global Relay as your Third Party Downloader for independent SEC and FINRA mandated access.
- Leverage our in-house Legal team to complete the required SEC filings.
With our set of flexible, turnkey supervision tools, your firm can efficiently enforce its communications policies for compliance, proper usage, and corporate governance.
- Scan and monitor email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, mobile messaging, social media, and more.
- Automatically flag communications based on flexible rules that identify prohibited content.
- Conduct advanced analysis with Boolean logic, criteria lists, proximities, and more.
- Randomly sample data by percentage or number of communications.
- View highlighted keyword matches for quick review.
- Conduct full review of communications and attachments or bulk review of headers only.
- Approve, reject, or escalate flagged communications with action icons and notes.
- Build a multi-tiered review structure for escalation to senior compliance staff.
- Create wizard commands to perform multiple actions with a single click.
- Filter review queues by policy type, status, date, and other criteria using a Compliance Dashboard and advanced search controls.
- Enforce granular access rights for authorized reviewers.
- Document activity in unalterable audit trails, with detailed histories of reviews and related actions taken.
- Create and modify supervision policies and workflows with an intuitive interface and tools.
- Monitor activity with detailed ad hoc and scheduled reports.
With Global Relay Archive’s audit tools, you can efficiently respond to regulatory audits and evidentiary requests.
- Search for and retrieve any archived communication in seconds.
- Produce data online for regulators, external legal counsel, and other third parties.
- View statistics and reporting on compliance reviews and related actions taken.
- Extend retention terms for Legal Holds and anticipated investigations.
- Leverage our in-house Legal and Audit & eDiscovery teams to assist with audits, subpoenas, and other investigations.
- Use case management tools to identify, organize, and review data.
FINRA COMPLIANCE RESOURCE PROVIDER PROGRAM
FINRA works with select organizations to offer FINRA firms discounts on products and services that help them comply with securities laws and regulations.
Global Relay is FINRA's compliance resource provider for Message Archiving. FINRA selected us as a FINRA compliance resource provider through a comprehensive RFP process.
Global Relay services assist FINRA firms in meeting the requirements of SEC Rule 17a-4 and FINRA Rules 3110, 4511, and 8210. FINRA has worked with us to provide a comprehensive bundle of services for FINRA firms at a special price and terms.
What is Global Relay's offering through FINRA's compliance resource provider program?
We provide access to a full suite of messaging, archiving, and search services at a special per-user monthly price. To request more information, call 1.866.484.6630 to speak with a Global Relay Account Manager.
Additional benefits include:
- Waived set-up fees
- Unlimited Archive storage at no cost
- Dedicated Account Manager
- 24x7x365 support desk
- Up to 7 year Archive retention term, plus Legal Holds
- One year minimum contract term
- Standard Services Terms & SLA
Tailor to your firm's size and business model - select any/all of these services:
Five Easy Steps to Getting Set Up with Global Relay
- Global Relay Offering for FINRA firms: To get started, call us at 1.866.484.6630
- Provisioning & Migration: We will reach out to your IT Contact to set up your firm's Archive and provision the selected services. We can also assist you with importing your legacy data from PSTs or other archiving systems.
- Regulatory Filings: We can provide you with the required SEC Filings and FINRA Third-Party Downloader Undertaking.
- Training: We will arrange customized training for your firm, including guidance on setting up your supervision policies and workflows.
- Support: You can contact your Global Relay Account Manager any time you have questions. We provide 24x7x365 live phone tech support for all FINRA firms. In addition, our Training, Account Management, Legal, Audit & eDiscovery, and Data Services teams are available to assist you throughout your contract term.
FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Through its compliance resource provider program, FINRA seeks to assist firms' compliance efforts by finding, reviewing and making third-party tools and services available at discounted prices or with additional features. FINRA receives compensation from providers in the compliance resource provider program that is used to support the FINRA Investor Education Foundation. These tools and services are provided as a convenience to firms. FINRA does not endorse these products and firms are not obligated to use them. Their use does not ensure compliance with FINRA rules or other regulations or laws.