TERMS & POLICIES
Acceptable Use Policy
Global Relay works hard to maintain a collaborative, productive, and respectful relationship with everyone we work with. To help us achieve this goal, you are required to comply with the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”).
You may only use Global Relay Services for lawful purposes. You are solely liable and responsible for your use (or if you are a Partner, your marketing and reselling) of Global Relay Services. This AUP describes prohibited activities and use of Global Relay Services. This AUP is not exhaustive and Global Relay reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time, effective upon posting of the modified AUP to http://www.globalrelay.com/policies/acceptable-use. Changes to this AUP are deemed to be communicated to you upon their posting on this website.
In this AUP, all capitalized terms, unless specifically defined herein, have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Standard Definitions located at: https://www.globalrelay.com/policies/standard-definitions.
Prohibited Content and Activities:
You must not display, use, transmit, disseminate, post, upload, download, sell, host, or store (as applicable) any of the following:
- Content that violates (or is used in a way that violates) Applicable Law, or fosters or promotes illegal activity, including. This includes, without limitation, the use of software or technical information in violation of Applicable Laws, and the fraudulent use of any information obtained through use of, or access to, the Services (including the use of false or stolen credit card numbers);
- Content that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights of Global Relay or any third party. This includes, without limitation, infringement resulting from, the unauthorized copying and posting of pictures, logos, software, articles, musical works, and videos;
- Content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, hateful, harmful, invasive of or contrary to privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Harmfulor malicious content including, without limitation, malware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, expropriate or negatively impact Global Relay’s Systems, the Services, Global Relay’s Environment, program or data;
- Content offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (i.e., make money fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes), or furnishing false data on any sign-up form, contract or online application or registration; and
- Content or other activities that Global Relay determines, in its sole discretion, are harmful to: Global Relay Systems, the Global Relay Environment, the Services, Global Relay’s reputation or goodwill, other Customers, or any third party. This includes using or combining the Services with software, hardware, network, systems, products, processes, methods, material, or data (including Third Party Platforms), that are harmful to, or manipulate proper use of the Services.
Prohibited Access and Interference
Violations or attempts to violate Global Relay Systems or the Global Relay Environment, or to interrupt the Services are strictly prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples of such violations and interruptions include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of the Services, data, Global Relay Systems or the Global Relay Environment, including any attempt to probe or scan a Global Relay System, the Global Relay Environment or Service, or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization from Global Relay;
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any Global Relay System without express authorization;
- Interference with Global Relay Systems, the Global Relay Environment, or the Services provided to any Global Relay Customer including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and broadcast attacks;
- The use of any kind of program, script, or command, or messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a Customer’s terminal session, via any means;
- The use or combination of the Services with other software, hardware, network, systems, products, processes, methods, material, or data (including Third Party Platforms), that are harmful to or manipulate proper use of the Services;
- The use of manual or electronic means to avoid any limitations placed on the use of the Services (such as timing out limits on the downloading or extraction of data);
- Deriving or attempting to derive or access the source code, source files, non-public APIs, or structure of all or any portion of the Services (including the methods, processes, and infrastructure) or any other software in connection with the Services, by reverse engineering, scraping, data mining, disassembly, decompiling, decrypting, extracting, or any other means, or otherwise modifying, adapting, or creating derivative works from the Services.
- Any action or use of any application, bot, script, unauthorized automation, that negatively impacts, overloads, or imposes an unreasonable or a disproportionately large load on Global Relay Systems or Global Relay’s Environment. For clarity, Global Relay may prohibit the running of any application, bot, script, or unauthorized automation which, in its sole judgment, may obstruct, interfere with or endanger the stability or performance of Global Relay’s Systems or Global Relay’s Environment;
- Use of IP multicast other than by means provided and coordinated by Global Relay; and
- Any use of the Services contrary to the Restrictions on Use set out in Global Relay’s Master Terms of Services, located at https://www.globalrelay.com/company-info/terms-of-use#terms.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AUP BY A CUSTOMER OR PARTNER, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A CUSTOMER OR PARTNER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AUP BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR PARTNER. VIOLATION OF THIS AUP BY A CUSTOMER OR PARTNER MAY BE CONSIDERED MATERIAL BREACH OF YOUR AGREEMENT WITH GLOBAL RELAY.
Global Relay has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and investigate your use, marketing or reselling (as applicable) of the Services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with this AUP. If Global Relay determines that you (or anyone for whom you are responsible) is in violation of this AUP, Global Relay may restrict, suspend, throttle, or terminate access, Users, Accounts or the Services, in whole or in part, remove prohibited content from Global Relay Systems (subject to the terms of the applicable Agreement, if any), or take such other actions Global Relay may we deem appropriate. Global Relay’s determination of whether a violation of this AUP has occurred and any action taken with respect to enforcing this AUP will be final and binding and in Global Relay’s sole discretion, without liability to Global Relay. In the event of any suspected violation of this AUP, Global Relay will cooperate and assist the law enforcement authorities with their investigations in order to bring such misuse and violations to an end. In the event of any conflict between this AUP and the terms under which the Services are provided to you, or, if you are a Partner, the terms governing your partnership with Global Relay (in either case, the “Agreement”), the Agreement will govern.
Questions or Comments
To report of any alleged infringements of this AUP or any alleged abuse of the Services, Global Relay Systems, or the Global Relay Environment to Global Relay, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or concerns about this AUP, please contact us at email@example.com