The Global Relay Cloud Ecosystem includes a suite of Email services that your Business can mix and match with your current email environment or you can shift everything to the Global Relay Cloud, as a one stop shop. All email services are designed to be seamlessly integrated with Global Relay Message and Global Relay Search.
- Hosted Email - an enterprise-class email service with Desktop, Webmail and Mobile access.
- Email Continuity - 'always on' secondary Webmail for full email continuity if your primary mail system has an outage or disruption.
- Email Filtering - a front-end security gateway for multilayer Virus Scanning and Spam Filtering.
- TLS - an encrypted connection for Global Relay's Hosted Email, to ensure secure end-to-end transit across a network for confidential communications, as well as endpoint authentication.
- Encryption Mail Gateway - policy-based encryption for DLP (data loss prevention) where emails containing sensitive information automatically encrypt to meet privacy and security regulations.
Global Relay Hosted Email & Collaboration services are engineered to provide enterprise-class reliability for companies of any size. These email services fully and seamlessly integrate with Global Relay Archive. Global Relay Hosted Email & Collaboration services may be deployed as your primary email and collaboration service, or where a company already operates its own email server, they may be deployed to support satellite offices, field staff, independent affiliates, or umbrella firms.
Alternatively, for those who want Hosted Exchange with Global Relay Archive, Global Relay has partnership integrations with a large variety of Hosted Exchange Partners
Global Relay Hosted Email & Collaboration services are based on Zimbra Collaboration technology and are offered in the three distinct packages below.
All Zimbra Email & Collaboration packages include:
- Email Filtering with virus & spam scanning.
- Online Storage up to 10GB for each User.
- Hosted deployment meaning no hardware or software is required.
- Seamless integration with Global Relay Archive ensuring you will never inadvertently lose email again (the Global Relay Archive service must be deployed).
- Secure login ensuring your username and password are encrypted.
- Secure transport encrypting your email between your desktop or mobile phone and the mail server; and, providing opportunistic TLS encryption between mail servers when delivering your email to recipients.
- Web Client. Rich browser-based AJAX interface with application-like features such as drag and drop, tagging and conversation views
Hosted Email Packages
Zimbra Basic Email is ideal for organizations using Outlook or other email clients and who wish to add webmail or have webmail-only access for their Users. Organizations with field staff or other light users of email may opt for this Basic Email option for their non-corporate users. It includes:
- POP/IMAP access for Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Entourage or any POP/IMAP client.
- Zimbra Desktop, a Windows email application with shared calendars & contacts for company-wide collaboration.
- Zimbra Webmail with calendars & contacts, tasks and notes.
Zimbra Standard Email is a competitive alternative to Microsoft hosted Exchange for Outlook. This Zimbra Collaboration Email Suite is ideal for organizations wishing to share calendars & contacts with co-workers, access their email, calendars & contacts from the Zimbra Desktop, webmail or from any Active Sync mobile phone, in addition to storing files in an online briefcase. Zimbra Email may be used as an organization's primary email system, or in a hybrid environment. It includes:
- Zimbra Desktop, a Windows email application with shared calendars & contacts for company-wide collaboration.
- Zimbra Webmail with SHARED calendars & contacts; tasks and notes.
- Zimbra Mobile with support for all Active Sync mobile phones with support for shared calendars and contacts.
- Zimbra Premium Email, in addition to including all functionality of the Zimbra Email listed above, this premium version is MAPI-enabled to permit shared calendars & contacts for Outlook (similar to Exchange).
Global Relay's 30-day Email Continuity system is an invaluable part of your Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery plan. Email Continuity is an 'always on' secondary mail system in the event your primary Exchange/on-premise mail servers suffers an outage, software upgrade, hardware failure, data corruption or maintenance period or disruption.
Global Relay's Email Continuity is a simple solution to mitigate the risk of experiencing an email server outage, where your employees could be cut off from critical communications. The Email Continuity system is in-line your organization's primary email server and will hold each employee’s inbound emails for a rolling period of 30 days. Employees have "always on" mail access to their Inbox via IMAP or Webmail. In the event of an outage, Employees can immediately access a "real time" secure copy of their last 30 days of Inbox email using their existing email address and password to login via any secure web browser. Employees also have the flexibility to review, reply to, forward, print or download existing email and create new messages, with the confidence that the inbound emails will be delivered to their email server once it becomes available again.
Hosted Continuity Mail system provides:
- assurance that email will never be lost or rendered inaccessible
- 2 GB Email accounts
- 30 day rolling email retention for each user Inbox
- simultaneous IMAP and Webmail for anytime/anywhere access to email
- automatic restoration of messages to primary system when it comes available
- secure SSL access via Outlook and Outlook Express
- secure Webmail access via HTTPS
- seamless online integration with all primary mail systems
- same day implementation with no software, hardware or capital investment
- support for Outlook, Outlook Express, BlackBerry, iPhone, Android
- seamless integration with Global Relay Archive
- inclusion of Global Relay's hosted Email Filtering or seamless integration with customer's existing spam filter
Eliminate Viruses and Spam
Email is an indispensable business communication tool. Unfortunately it is also a prime target for spam, viruses, worms and phishing scams that are responsible for identity theft, denial of services and industrial espionage. Exposure to these risks can result in significant business disruption and losses. Global Relay provides an email filtering service combining one of the best anti-virus technologies with Cloudmark Authority for SpamAssassin to give you a real-time response to block or neutralize these threats before they hit your email server.
Real-time Spam Protection Network
Most spam detection software fails to stop spam and other threats because they receive the same anti-spam engine upgrades and simply develop new techniques to circumvent them in minutes. In effect, you engage in an unwinnable battle against spammers.
Global Relay's Cloudmark Authority for SpamAssassin service helps you win the war against spamming by giving you access to Advanced Message Fingerprinting and the world's largest threat detection network, the Global Threat Network including over 700 million sources: service provider abuse teams, systems administrators, honeypots and reporters. Together with automated analytical processes you get unsurpassed 98 percent spam filtering accuracy with near zero false positives.
Global Relay's Spam Management is powered by multi-level gateway filters including intelligent Bayesian filtering technology. Global Relay's Email Filtering learns and adapts to spammers in real-time by comparing known "good email" with known "spam." Adding individual reporting spam identification lets you optimize filtering on a global basis.
Features and Benefits
Inbound Filtering Protects mail users from inbound spam, phishing, worms and virus threats. Options include:
- Tag and Forward with powerful online tools to filter and review messages.
- Flow-through tagging, forwarding all tagged spam to your server enabling company wide rules-based routing of the tagged spam to a Users junk mail folder for review. The system inserts an "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header and appends "Spam:" to the subject line.
Cloudmark Network Feedback System
The Cloudmark Network Feedback System provides real-time and historical analytics down to the individual subscriber level on messages scanned and feedback received.
Features available to Administrators and Users online
Spam filter management:
- Rescue (deliver), delete or "confirm as spam" quarantined email
- Report "false negatives" (email that should have been marked as spam) to auto-train filter
Reporting and statistics for virus and spam
- Quarantined Information: Global Relay provides a detailed, daily report listing messages we have quarantined so that you can quickly and easily identify those that are important to you. This saves you precious time by eliminating needless checks of the quarantine area.
- Filtering Effectiveness: Global Relay provides a daily report on the viruses, worms, spam, phishing scams we have neutralized. This reporting lets you to see how effectively we protecting your email.
Transport Layer Security
Transport Layer Security (TLS) is an encryption protocol that establishes a secure communications channel between two systems to ensure the privacy and integrity of data in transit. TLS uses dual private/public key signatures to initiate and authenticate a communications session over standard network protocols such as TCP and HTTP.
A client initiates the session by sending the server a message to establish the connections security. The server then selects a digital certificate containing a public key. The client responds with an encrypted message containing its public key and other information including a random number that only the server can decrypt. The client and server then generate key material for encryption and decryption and the secure session is initiated and the data can be exchanged.
AppRiver and Global Relay have joined forces to provide a complete end-to-end encrypted email and data protection solution in a Sofware-as-a-Service delivery model. With one click, CipherPost Pro™ from AppRiver encrypts your message when it leaves your mailbox. Only the authorized recipient - with the proper password - can read the message.
Other services protect your message only from one server to another. Access to the server means access to your private information. CipherPost Pro gives you true mailbox-to-mailbox security, no matter where your email goes in between. That keeps your confidential information safe and helps your business remain compliant.
Benefits of an Encrypted Mail Gateway
- Ensures protection of confidential information and helps maintain regulatory compliance, enabling your business processes to operate efficiently
- Provides senders with a patented delivery slip that shows who receives your message and what they do with it.
- Enables easy-to-use protection of email traffic to any user, with no client software required
- Requires minimal overhead, eliminates message or key storage, and has the lowest volume of helpdesk calls in the industry
- Scales to the largest enterprise and integrates with existing technology investments, including content filtering and identity management solutions
- Eases administration through centralized management and reporting, even across multiple data centers
- Enables large file attachment encryption and delivery
- Includes Outlook plug-in, Windows and Mac desktop agents, browser plug-ins
- Full-featured functionality for mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Android and more
- Includes Phenomenal Care™ from AppRiver's US-based team, 24 hours a day, every day
Privacy is Mandated by Law
Industry specific legislation mandates the confidentiality and integrity of information and requires organization adopt email and data encryption. These include:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- California Security Breach Notification Act (CB 1386)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17 Privacy Law