Compliance Archiving for Bloomberg Messaging
Global Relay Archive for Bloomberg® automatically captures and archives all your firm's Bloomberg communications.
There are two types of communication within Bloomberg®: Bloomberg Mail and Instant Bloomberg. Global Relay Archive for Bloomberg time/date stamps, serializes and indexes these Bloomberg messages — and preserves them for compliance and eDiscovery, as well as easy search, retrieval and access via web, mobile or Outlook.
Global Relay Archive for Bloomberg is built for compliance. It parses the complete details of each message to allow for an accurate audit trail within Global Relay Archive. Compliance officers can then use Global Relay's compliance review tools to fully monitor and enforce the compliant use of Bloomberg messaging.
- Bloomberg produces daily files and makes them available for collection on a nightly basis.
- Global Relay securely connects to the Bloomberg server and retrieves new and updated data for ingestion to Global Relay Archive.
- Global Relay Archive parses, converts and reconstructs the Bloomberg files into a readable format, while retaining unique Bloomberg message features that others discard or ignore. It then routes them to import queues for indexing and processing.
- Messages are time/date stamped, serialized and written to a dedicated customer WORM drive.
- Once imported, Bloomberg messages can be searched, viewed, monitored and retrieved from Global Relay Archive in the same manner as email and IM through a secure web portal by authorized users.
- Users of Global Relay Search are able to search and view their Bloomberg messages through the Outlook plug-in or via the Mobile applications on their Blackberry or iPhone.
- Alternatively, the Message Converter can forward the converted XML to a third-party archive.
- How do I get started?
- Contact Bloomberg and obtain your company's Bloomberg FTP login account information. This will consist of a host, username and password.
- Download and complete the Direction & Authorization for Bloomberg Download and Archiving form after you sign up. Global Relay will then provision the Message Converter for Bloomberg capture and notify your company of the implementation date.
- How does Bloomberg Message file transfer work?
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a widely used way of transferring computer files from one computer to another. Bloomberg will, upon request, upload all available Bloomberg Mail to the Bloomberg FTP site on a nightly basis for archiving purposes. Global Relay Message Converter for Bloomberg automatically logs into the Bloomberg FTP site and downloads a copy of all new and available Bloomberg files and forwards them to the Message Archiver. The lifecycle of Bloomberg files on the FTP site may vary (contact Bloomberg for details).
- Where can I view my archived Bloomberg Messages?
To view the Bloomberg Messages in the Message Archiver, choose "Bloomberg" from the Folder list on the main Search page. Once you conduct a search, you will see Bloomberg Messages on the Results page. Bloomberg is distinguished from other IM types in the Archive by the following icon:
- Is Global Relay able to archive our old Bloomberg Messages?
Global Relay will archive all messages that are on the Bloomberg FTP site that Bloomberg provides to you. Global Relay is also able to transfer and import legacy Bloomberg Mail stored internally with the Customer or with Bloomberg.
- What if Bloomberg changes its format?
The Bloomberg files are in a proprietary format and may consist of plain text or XML files. Global Relay currently supports all Bloomberg Messaging formats and continues to adapt to any changes in Bloomberg formats and processes if and when they occur.
Disclaimer: Global Relay Message Converter only converts files that are made available by Bloomberg LP, and technically able to be downloaded. The Bloomberg FTP processes are subject to change at any time without notice to Global Relay as there is no legal affiliation between Global Relay and Bloomberg. Download of Bloomberg Mail is under the express direction of the customer. The Bloomberg® name is the sole property of Bloomberg LP.