Technical Support Specialist
Job ID: GRTS115
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
Are you an early riser who is ready to take on the earlier shift to support our global clients? Do you have a passion for customer service with an aptitude to foster and develop customer loyalty? If you are passionate about your work, love challenges and would like to take part in the growth of this booming industry, this opportunity is for you!
- Provide first class technical assistance to our enterprise customers
- Involve in the provisioning of Email, Email Filtering, IM capturing and Message Archiving
- Assist in the testing of new systems, features and services
- Previous experience in technical support and/or helpdesk (Email hosting / archiving experience preferred)
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills with excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong working knowledge of the Internet in general, with an understanding of various protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TELNET
- Working knowledge and ability to configure common mail clients such as: MS Outlook/Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning; comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to multi-task and flexible to take on varied responsibilities
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
- Working knowledge of Unix web hosting an asset
- Knowledge in various Unix platforms such as Sun, FreeBSD, Red Hat Linux.
- Understanding of the setup and components of various mail servers such as MS Exchange, Notes, Sendmail, Exim, Postfix
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Technical Support Specialist_GRTS115" in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.