Senior Backend QA Analyst
Job ID: GRQA126
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
We are growing our QA Team and are looking for energetic and easy going people who have a good understanding of QA practices and are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and capable of working independently and in a larger synergetic team setting.
Job Description / Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a client-server environment where you will be required to use back end side to execute test cases
- Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, Creation and Execution of Test Cases using TestLog, Defect Reporting and Defect Verification using JIRA based on the Agile Scrum model
- Work on improvements to an existing test framework that is built in Java
- Responsible for raising risks as early as possible in the System Development Life Cycle
- Responsible for investigation of automated test failures in Bamboo
- Analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration on a low level where you may be exposed to the code base
- Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
- Work on Automation of test cases and expand the test Automation coverage in a logical manner
- Documentation of information on Confluence WIKI
- Working knowledge of Java and J-Unit
- Previous experience with development of a test framework from scratch
- Practical understanding of Bamboo build server
- Basic Bash Script skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good understanding of Agile Development and how QA is performed within an Agile Methodology
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in co-ordination with coworkers
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Quick learner who enjoys learning new technologies and is able to keep the big picture in mind during the testing of a system that integrates with other systems
- Comfortable working on Linux/Solaris and Windows Platforms (including Command Lines)
- Previous SQL experience
- Understanding of XML
- Conceptualization of SVN
- A basic understanding of MIME email format, mail headers, mail servers (SMTP and IMAP) and mail clients
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document using the following format "FirstName LastName (application date)" to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Sr Backend QA Analyst_GRQA126” in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.