Senior Backend QA Analyst
Job ID: GRQA138
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 350 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are growing our QA Team and are looking for energetic and easy going people who have a good understanding of QA practices and are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set, while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and capable of working independently and in a larger synergetic team setting.
- Work in a client-server environment where you will be required to use the backend side to execute test cases
- Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, Creation and Execution of Test Cases using TestLog, Defect Reporting, and Defect Verification using JIRA based on the Agile Scrum model
- Work on improvements to an existing test framework that is built in Java
- Responsible for raising risks as early as possible in the System Development Life Cycle
- Responsible for the investigation of automated test failures in Bamboo
- Analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration on a low level, where you may be exposed to the code base
- Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
- Work on Automation of test cases and expand the test Automation coverage in a logical manner
- Documentation of information on Confluence Wiki
- Working knowledge of Java and J-Unit
- Previous experience with development of a test framework from scratch
- Practical understanding of Bamboo build server
- Basic Bash Script skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good understanding of Agile Development and how QA is performed within an Agile Methodology
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in co-ordination with coworkers
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Quick learner who enjoys learning new technologies and is able to keep the big picture in mind during the testing of a system that integrates with other systems
- Comfortable working on Linux/Solaris and Windows Platforms (including Command Lines)
- Previous SQL experience
- Understanding of XML
- Conceptualization of SVN
- A basic understanding of MIME email format, mail headers, mail servers (SMTP and IMAP) and mail clients
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Sr Backend QA Analyst_GRQA138” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.