Data Migration Specialist
Job ID: GRED124
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
We are currently looking for candidates to join our bright, diligent and dynamic team. Are you curious in nature, love problem-solving and have excellent attention to detail? Do you have superb customer service skills, self-motivated and take pride in your work? If your answers are Yes, please apply.
- Provide first class assistance to clients needing Data Migration or eDiscovery services
- Perform customer service and administrative duties such as answering phone and email requests, CRM data entry, and billing
- Organize, coordinate, analyze and validate data, reports and agreements
- Facilitate inter-company communication for escalated inquires (analyzing, summarizing, and proposing plan of action)
- Present solutions to our client’s needs based on Global Relay’s policies, procedures and technologies
- Post-secondary education; undergraduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a dynamic office environment
- Previous customer service experience with friendly, patient, “can-do” attitude
- Previous legal, technical and/or business communication required
- Ability to write and speak English fluently, with strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise strong judgment, tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and adapt to fluctuating environment due to the unique nature of each request
- Goal-oriented, self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong technical aptitude and an appetite for continuous learning
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Interest in file formats, message types and meta-data analysis is desirable
- Intermediate technical/desktop trouble-shooting skills and computer proficiency
- Proven ability to self-manage and prioritize, while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Professional business manner with ability to establish strong rapport with executive level clients
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to email@example.com Reference "Data Migration Specialist_GRED124" in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.