Job ID: GROP110
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
We are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join our growing Systems Operations team. The System Administrator will be working with a diverse global base of sophisticated customers and Partners and a driven management team, in a very fast-paced environment. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming sophisticated industry with leading edge technology and systems.
- Work closely with Information Security Manager to design and maintain Global Relay’s security policies and procedures
- Evaluate, install and maintain security related software and tools for the purpose of monitoring and protecting our systems
- Monitor, interpret, and remediate threats to our Unix, Linux and Windows systems
- Monitor system and security logs to detect anomalous activity
- Participate in security incident response activities
- Apply security patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Harden servers based on established security standards
- Perform regular VA scans and PEN tests and fix any issues that arise
- Participate and contribute in the security of our software throughout its life cycle starting at the design phase to post deployment
- Assist with Global Relay security audits
- Assist in the enforcement of security policies
- Participate in security awareness activities
- Perform other system administration duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, with 5+ years of experience in a system administration capacity for medium to large size companies with a complex network environment
- In-depth knowledge of Unix/Linux, Solaris, and BSD Operating Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies, Exchange and MSSQL
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of intrusion detection and intrusion prevention system (IDS/IPS) and deployment strategies
- Ability to research and maintain proficiency in software, tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in information security, network vulnerabilities and encryption
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization with all classifications, including the very technical
- Ability to multitask with solid problem solving skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (application date)" to: email@example.com. Reference "Sys Admin_GROP110" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.