Junior Executive Assistant
Job ID: GRGA116
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in hosted email & IM archiving, continuity and eDiscovery innovation. We offer the fastest search, retrieval and monitoring capabilities in the world today. Our email & IM archiving and perimeter security technology provide businesses with highly secure offsite storage and backup while satisfying all compliance, privacy, security, business continuity, corporate governance, audit and litigation requirements.
Headquartered in Vancouver’s historic Gastown, Global Relay has regional offices in New York, London, Chicago, Singapore and Shanghai providing leading Message Archiving and Compliance Service to customers world-wide.
Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere.
Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace, providing fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most powerful companies in the world, as well as many other opportunities for professional development. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to help create, market and sell insanely cool technology using massively scalable “big data” architecture with a strong focus on mobile.
If you want to be part of a fast paced business and a talented, innovative team with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to build a world-class business, Global Relay is for you!
We are looking for an energetic individual to provide a wide range of executive administration support to the CEO and the President of Global Relay. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a demanding fast-paced environment with multiple changing deadlines. The candidate must be able to communicate and interact with internal staff and external contacts with the highest levels of tact and professionalism.
In order to provide effective support, it is essential for the Executive Assistant to remain flexible, resourceful, and proactive at all times. High energy level, a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision are crucial to this role.
- Proactively create and maintain effective workflow and communication assisting the CEO and the President to achieve their goals
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on tasks and issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for heavy calendar management for the CEO and the President, requiring interaction with both internal and external contacts to coordinate complex meetings and international travel arrangements
- Create and revise reports and documents in accordance with the organization’s guidelines
- Schedule and organize meetings, including arranging meeting details, booking meeting venue/room, ordering refreshments, contacting participants, taking and distributing minutes and following-up on action items as required
- Make travel arrangements for the Executive team and other staff which includes booking flights, hotel accommodation, car rental, and managing itineraries
- Process, track, and submit expense claims on behalf of CEO and the President
- Organize special events as requested by Leadership team which involves planning, invitations, facilities, catering arrangements, and verifying facility contracts
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for the President to ensure all confidential documents are secured
- Complete special projects as they arise
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business, communication or related discipline
- 2+ years of recent relevant experience in a corporate setting, preferably within the IT industry
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Tactful and effective communicator, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal relations and a demonstrated ability to work with others effectively
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
- Working knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to pay attention to details, multi-task and solve problems under a high energy and changing environment
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and direction and creatively problem solve
- Must be able to show proven record of responsibility and judgment including exercise of discretion and confidentiality
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Junior Executive Assistant_ GRGA116" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.