Intermediate QA Analyst - Interop
Job ID: GRQA153
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are growing our QA Team and are looking for energetic and easy going individuals who are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and capable of working in a larger synergetic team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and have what it takes to narrow down those hard to reproduce bugs!
- Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, Creation and Execution of Test Cases, Defect Reporting, and Defect Verification
- Responsible for identifying and raising risks as early as possible in an Agile environment
- Produce project documentation for internal and external use (e.g. FAQs, Setup documentation, Test Plans, Test Cases, Release Notes, etc.)
- Perform Automation of Test Cases for a client-server systems
- Assist other QA team members and Developers in the setup and configuration of the test environment
- Responsible for working on a suite of related products
- Collaborate with other departments during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers
- Perform low level analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration where you may be exposed to the code base
- Perform Functional and Performance testing for a mission critical high-availability systems
- Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
- Work closely with Designers and Developers to help build software that is testable and robust
- Solid understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within the QA world
- Solid experience in Functional Test Case Automation
- Has the know-how to generate supporting documentation for a project that allows other members of the team to participate in testing during peaks of the Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Version Control systems
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision, and has an appetite for continuous learning; comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience on Windows client and server platforms
- Previous experience with TestLog Test Case Management Software
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence WIKI
- Performance testing experience
- Experience with Automation tools such as J-Meter, Selenium and Robot Framework
- Comfortable working on Mac or Linux platforms
- Experience with the Git Version Control system
- Experience with Continuous Build Integration and Test Automation
- Fluency in multiple languages (oral and written) an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Int QA Analyst-Interop_GRQA153” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.