Assistant Director, Data Services
Job ID: GRED136
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 225 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
The Assistant Director of Data Services will work closely with the Director to manage the department, which is under rapid international expansion. In addition to providing day-to-day support and guidance to the team, the Assistant Director will play an important role in building on the existing team and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness our service in response to growing worldwide demands for our services, and changing expectations and technical requirements of the industry.
This role also includes expansion, growth, and management of team members located in our satellite offices. The Assistant Director will be reporting directly to the Director of Audits & eDiscovery and work closely with the senior management team. The Data Services team currently consists of 20 employees.
- Manage HR functions of the Data Services team in terms of: recruitment, performance management, and resource planning
- Foster internal professional development, effective communication and accurate information management
- Analyze and provide high level direction and development on department processes and functions
- Manage team's strategic direction, recommending strategy change and improvement where applicable
- Stay abreast on current business initiatives and projects, and share this information with the department vice versa
- Review and streamline current processes, which includes updating/creating processes and documentation
- Ensure team and personal deliverables are met on time and steward work flow and project management
- Problem management and decision making
- 5+ years of experience in a management role, preferably in a start up environment. Experience within the high-tech industry is a definite asset
- 5+ years of experience supporting Senior Management in Business Development
- Completion of post-secondary education; additional Professional Development is an asset
- Experience in managing and building a team of at least 30-40 people
- Strong customer service and project management experience with attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Knowledge and experience in Document, Records & Information Management concepts
- High degree of confidence and ability to work under pressure and adapt to fluctuating environments
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to email@example.com Reference " Assistant Director, Data Services_GRED136 " in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.